Job no: 495229
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Categories: Health, Safety, Security & Environment
Clough is a pioneering engineering and construction company established in 1919 in Perth, Western Australia. Clough delivers challenging projects for the infrastructure, mining, and energy industries underpinned by a dedication to problem solving and getting the job done safely and efficiently. Today, Clough manages a global workforce of almost 2000 people from operating centres across Australia, Papua New Guinea, Asia, Africa, UK, and North America. Our team strives for the best in everything, setting new safety and performance benchmarks every single day.
Clough Canada a Clough Company, specializes in the provision of Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management (EPC) services to the Canadian oil and gas sector.
As Clough Canada’s Calgary based Cost Controller, you will provide aspects of cost control technical expertise through timely monitoring, controlling, analysing and reporting of project cost & progress information with strong focus on trending, forecasting and management of change to contribute towards proactively influencing cost outcomes on the project.
Your key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Set up the WBS/CBS; conform the baseline budget from the estimate & package allocate; budget allocate to assigned package owners; set-up tracking & monitoring metrics to control, analyse and report costs, man-hours & progress; all aligned to contractual and clough reporting and control requirements.
• Develop awareness of the head contract agreed scope, pricing schedule, commercial framework and reporting obligations impacting responsible scope package.
• Develop competent understanding of agreed scope, pricing schedule, commercial framework against assigned minor scope packages.
• Responsible to cost & progress manage assigned minor scope packages, target controls:
o Budget allocation and management
o Change control & analysis
o Cost control and monitoring of commitments & actuals
o EV progress measurement and monitoring
o Quantity and manhour analysis
o Trending analysis and reporting
o Forecasting techniques and methodology
o Prepare timely estimate to complete and estimate at completion delivery
o Variance comparison and key driver analysis
• Responsible to provide input to project & division reports against assigned packages, including high focus on accuracy and quality of progress status, accuracy of period reporting comparisons and meaningful justifications to the period variances.
• Monitor commitments & actuals and perform validation analysis.
• Responsible for quality cost & progress management and reporting through the Prism tool and starting to become familiar with planning (Primavera) and the Construction progress and time capture tool (E7) interfaces.
• Agree and validate the integrity of the forecast through monthly progress and performance update, understanding the key drivers for change and identify risk and opportunities, all applied by developing cost control techniques.
• Work together with Finance to assist with developing monthly accruals and cost code corrections. Develop an understanding of why sharing monthly forecasts, quarterly assessment forecasts and understanding of margin & revenue is an important interface between finance and project controls.
• Assist with manhour reporting through quality time capture data at the source, provide assistance where required.
• Participate in project team meetings through sharing minor package highlights through risk, opportunities, progress or trends.
• Assist the team to achieve reporting commitments for both project and Clough deliverables.
You should possess the following:
• 2-5 years’ experience in project controls or equivalent within project execution environment.
• Site experience preferred, but not essential.
• Experience in Oil & Gas, Mining, Infrastructure, Power, Marine preferred, but not essential.
• Experience with Cost Management tools
• Advanced competencies in MS excel, word, power point essential.
Please note in your application whether you self-identify as:
• Haisla Nation
• Haisla Nation Spouse
• Gitga’at First Nation
• Kitselas First Nation
• Kitsumkalum First Nation
• Lax Kw’alaams Band
• Metlakatla First Nation
• Gitxaala Nation
• Metis Nation of B.C.
• Other Indigenous groups
• None of the above
• Prefer not to disclose
Please also note in your application whether you currently reside in:
• British Columbia (excluding Terrace-Kitimat)
• Canada (excluding British Columbia)
• Outside of Canada
• Prefer not to disclose
This is a very exciting time for Clough with many new projects on the horizon. If you meet the necessary requirements above and wish to be part of Clough’s success, then don’t delay – Apply now!
Please note: Clough reserves the right to commence the shortlisting process for this role immediately and the right to remove the advertisement before the closing date. Agency submissions will not be considered for this position
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time